Spring is just around the corner and I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait! Nothing is better than warm weather and being outdoors! If you want to get a jump start on spring, order a big bouquet of spring blooms — either for yourself, or as a gift! Here are some great spring flower inspirations based on color to get you started:
- Yellow is the cheerful color of sunshine; the color of bees and many spring flowers.
- Yellow spring flowers include: Tulips, Daffodils, Alstroemeria, Callas, Freesia
- It’s color compliment is purple.
- Pink, sometimes referred to as “the color of love,” is associated with youth and femininity.
- Pink spring flowers include: Gerbera daisies, Anemones, Asters, Tulips, Heather, Lilies
- The name pink actually is from the name of a flower, pinks, a type of dianthus.
- It’s color compliment is bright green.
- Green is the color of nature and growing life. Green is a calm, refreshing color and is said to be the easiest on the eyes.
- Green spring flowers include: Amaranthus, Callas, Anthurium, Dianthus, Orchids
- The complimentary color of green is red.
- Purple is another color you will see popping up during spring, especially the violets!
- Purple spring flowers include: Tulips, Iris, Statice, Asters, Liatris, and Hyacinth
- Throughout history, purple has been associated with royalty and sophistication.
- Purple’s compliment is yellow.