Jamie from FSN had a great opportunity to interview Tim Huckabee, president of FloralStrategies at the 2011 SAF Growth Solutions Conference in Dallas. FloralStrategies is the only on-site training program in the entire floral industry that teaches critically important customer care skills.
“We come to your shop and work with every member of your staff to help them achieve their maximum potential. We get them excited, focused and reenergized about dealing with the public. How is FloralStrategies training different from using a generic customer service video or pamphlets? Simply, we know the flower business – our team has over 100 years of combined experience.”
- Think of selling as a friendly dialog between you and your customer.
- Listening is key for smarter selling
- Customer service and marketing should be one in the same
- Wrap flowers, not only in ribbon and tissue, but also in customer service
- A successful florist’s goal is not only making a sell, but making a more memorable shopping experience
- Don’t be afraid to suggest higher priced items — never hurts to ask!
- Sell your add-ons better.
Tim started a fantastic monthly webinar series for florists and gives a discount for FSN blog readers! Click the link to see the webinar for July.