Ideas For Spring Flower Specials
Create special edition spring flower arrangements available to your customers for a limited time, like one or two weeks. Promote these on your website, Facebook, direct mail and any other social media outlet you may use. Create one special per week. Make sure your customers understand there is a deadline for ordering one of your specials to create a sense of urgency and excitement for these unique flower designs. It also shows your diversity and artistry to your customers.
- Use spring garden flowers such as hyacinths, daffodils, and tulips. Include items like seed packets, shovels, or even plant markers with encouraging messages written on them. For the container, use a cute watering can. (Check thrift stores!)
- Again use a good assortment of spring flowers. Use a blue-painted coffee can (recycled) as your container. Paint a white horizontal stripe a couple of inches from the top and bottom. Use white cardboard cut into pointed strips to create picket fencing to go around your coffee can. Then simply hot glue them to your can leaving a unique, picket fence container, 100% recycled!
Birds & Bees Special
- Spring means romance is in the air! Don’t leave your love birds out, create a spring-themed romantic arrangement. Create an arrangement using spring flowers. Cut a heart out of cardboard and cover it, front and back, with small spring flowers. Use bird and bee floral picks if available to complete your Birds & Bee special. Promote this as something a guy could send to his lady at work!
- Create a kite by making an ‘X’ with left over stems. Glue diamond-shaped thin paper or fabric, to the tips to create the main part of the kite. For the tail, use thin wire with tiny bows glued to it. Have this kite flying high above a luscious spring bouquet.
Garden Hose Wreath Special
- Not exactly a bouquet, but this unusual design could be just the thing to entice new customers. Find a old garden hose, the grungier the better! Try to find one that isn’t bright green, you want it to look chic and vintage. Think gray or sun-bleached green. Wrap it in a circle until it is a good thickness for a wreath, about 5 turns, but it really depends on the size and style you are going for. Use twine or other rustic materials to keep it together. Then create a floral arrangement at the bottom of your wreath. Use spring flowers and maybe a set of old gardening gloves for fun, then hang it at an angle to create interest.
Ideas For Spring Gift Baskets
Create these as specials as you would the above. Partner with local businesses to create even more of a buzz.
Picnic Gift Basket
- Nothing says springtime like a romantic picnic. Find a picnic basket or other nice large basket to use. A checked or plaid blanket is also a must! For food think of gourmet finger foods and sandwich spreads, crackers, cheese, and of course wine (use lemonade if you’re unable to offer wine). Contact local businesses to see if they want in on your basket and have them trade or discount gift cards and other items. Work out some way of cross-promotion.
Gardening Gift Basket
- Gift baskets don’t always have to be able candy and food. Create a simple starter gardening kit with seeds, shovel, gloves etc. Instead of a basket, use a big container where they can plant their new flowers. You can even make themed garden gifts, like herb garden, spring garden, butterfly garden, etc depending on the plants you use.
Other Spring Marketing Ideas
- Partner with local businesses to create gift baskets. Include gift certificates are other merchandise from your partners in your gift baskets. One suggestion is by making ‘Fresh’ gift baskets. Offer gift certificates to salons, day spas, even car washes. “Freshen up your life with this Fresh Gift Basket.” Work out some way of cross-promotion.
Hoof it Marketing
- Create small, spring-themed corsages to hand out to employees at local business near yours. Include a business card and a discount for them to redeem. As they wear them throughout the day, their customers will ask and they will tell them all about your shop.
Spring Cleaning Sale
- Have a spring cleaning sale to get rid of some old inventory taking up space in your backroom. Offer specials on vases: buy one get a simple arrangement 20% off. To sell ribbon and other unusual floral accessories, think of scrapbooking crafts and advertise that way.
Florists & Social Media
How To Promote Your Flower Shop On Facebook
Marketing Made Easy: How To Create A Direct Mailer
Creative Containers: The Secret To Amazing Fresh Flower Gifts
4 New Creative & Unique Vase Ideas