* Prices shown in US Dollars, do not include delivery charge and may vary during holidays. The color or variety of some flowers, plants and containers may be substituted due to regional or seasonal availability.
More All House Plants Choices:
▼▲View Care Information
Questions About Lucky Bamboo
[caption id="attachment_8972" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Lucky Bamboo With Pebbles"][/caption]
Ask the Expert: A Few Questions About My Lucky Bamboo
and i been searching on the net to see just how to care for them, and i have been getting ALOT of different things pointed at me..
* I understand that they are hardy plants which dont like to be fussed with to much..
* I know they like destilled water over tap or spring
* I also know that you have clean/change the water and rocks in order for it to stay free of bacteria
My Questions Are However :
1. How often should you give it water? (once a week, 2 times a month?) - im totally confused!!
2. How often should you change/clean the rocks?
3. How much food should you give it, and when?
please let me know! like i said i have been reading alot of things online.. and im not sure what one to follow, please helpÂ Janelle
Plant Expert Reply:
I understand your stress.Â Â So I will try to give quick and uncomplicated answers.
Lucky Bamboo water requirement:Â Give it enough water to maintain a consistent water level.Â For me that means once a week for you it may be longer or shorter.Â Tip: make a mark where you optimum water level should be - if the water drops 1/4" below this mark add water.Â For you I would make the mark right at the lip edge of your pot.
Keeping Lucky Bamboo clean:Â If you keep all decaying plant material out of your container, you will only need to replace the water every couple of months.Â The only time I would change or clean the rocks would be if a bacteria or algae conditions was occurring.
Feeding Lucky Bamboo:Â I personally feed my lucky bamboo twice a year.Â Lucky bamboo is slow growing and do not respond well to over-fertilization. If you feel that it needs more fertilizer, schedule fertilization once a quarter.
I hope this information helps to remove any confusion you might have about lucky bamboo.Â Please keep me posted and let me know if you have other questions.